For over forty years, Refractory Specialties has supplied industrial insulation components as a part of Ferro Corporation’s Refractories Division. In 1992, Refractory Specialties was purchased by its managers and established as a separate corporation. The experienced production, technical and service staff continues to meet your needs for high quality products and excellent service.
With a vision toward the future, RSI continues to expand the use of high temperature insulation and refractory products to satisfy new applications in these industries: Appliance, HVAC, metals, fuel cell, solar energy, fire protection, petrochemicals, industrial process furnaces, food industry, solid fuel appliances and high temperature gaskets.
RSI has a sister company, please visit their site at: http://www.scifiber.com
Centrally located between Pittsburgh and Cleveland in Sebring, Ohio, Refractory Specialties maintains state of the art facilities covering 80,000 foot2 (over 7,400 meter2). All development, production, finishing and shipping of products is done under stringent quality control procedures.
From: Akron/Canton Airport
- Exit the Airport to RT-77 South to RT-62 East in Canton, Ohio. Follow RT-62 east through Alliance.
- Approximately 3 miles east of Alliance, you will come to Perkins restaurant and John Deere tractor dealer. Turn left, at traffic light, onto Johnson Road and follow into Sebring to railroad crossing.
- Immediately before the railroad tracks, turn right onto California Avenue and follow to RSI. We are the last factory on the street.
From: Cleveland Airport
- Exit the airport to RT-71 South to Ohio Turnpike. Take Turnpike east to Exit #13 (Streetsboro) RT-14 Southeast. Follow RT-14 to Deerfield (a small village with a traffic circle approximately 15-20 miles from Streetsboro.)
- Proceed through Deerfield on RT-14 across the reservoir and watch for Johnson Road (Large farm at this T-intersection with ammonia tanks), 2.3 miles from Deerfield.
- Turn right and follow Johnson Road approximately 6 miles to Sebring. Proceed through traffic light and across railroad crossing. Turn left onto California Avenue immediately after crossing tracks. RSI is the last factory on the street.
From: Pittsburgh Airport
- Exit the Pittsburgh Airport to RT-60 North. Stay on RT-60 North to last exit before toll road. This is the Chippewa Exit RT-51. Take RT-51 (left), continue through Chippewa, (RT-51 will change to RT-14 at the Ohio State Line), continue on RT-14 through Columbiana, Washingtonville and Salem.
- At the west side of Salem (traffic light at fork in highway) continue straight past the Dairy Queen. At the next traffic light, you will intersect with RT-62 West. Continue straight toward Alliance. You will go through Damascus and Westville (traffic light). Approximately 1-2 miles past traffic light, you will see a T-intersection to the right (large arrow with Sebring name and Trojan head).
- Turn right toward Sebring and proceed into the village. California Avenue is directly before the railroad crossing. Turn left and we are the first factory on your left.
For more information on our locations, contact us and a representative will answer any questions you may have.