For over forty years, Refractory Specialties Inc. (RSI) have supplied industrial insulation components and high quality products with excellent customer service, experienced production, and a technical staff to meet the needs of customers. In 2011, Unifrax I LLC acquired three leading North American vacuum forming businesses including RSI, along with Specialty Ceramics Inc. (SCI) and VacuForm Inc. (VFI). Today, the three businesses specialize in the development, manufacture and sale of fiber-based, value-add thermal components used in applications in both the Industrial and Hearth Products markets. RSI and VFI both located in Sebring, Ohio, and SCI located in Columbiana, Ohio were recently branded under the newly launched Unifrax group, Unifrax Engineered Thermal Components.
With a vision toward the future, Unifrax Engineered Thermal Components continues to expand the use of high temperature insulation and refractory products to satisfy new applications in these industries: Appliance, HVAC, metals, fuel cell, solar energy, fire protection, petrochemicals, industrial process furnaces, food industry, solid fuel appliances and high temperature gaskets.
Unifrax I LLC is headquartered in Buffalo, New York, and a leading global supplier of specialty products that are used in many industrial, filtration, automotive and fire protection applications to help customers save energy, reduce pollution, and improve fire safety. The Company has 26 manufacturing facilities in the United States, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, Russia, Asia, South Africa and Latin America and employs approximately 2,300 people worldwide. Additional information about Unifrax can be found at www.unifrax.com.
From: Akron/Canton Airport
- Exit the Airport to RT-77 South to RT-62 East in Canton, Ohio. Follow RT-62 east through Alliance.
- Approximately 3 miles east of Alliance, you will come to Perkins restaurant and John Deere tractor dealer. Turn left, at traffic light, onto Johnson Road and follow into Sebring to railroad crossing.
- Immediately before the railroad tracks, turn right onto California Avenue and follow to Unifrax. We are the last factory on the street.
From: Cleveland Airport
- Exit the airport to RT-71 South to Ohio Turnpike. Take Turnpike east to Exit #13 (Streetsboro) RT-14 Southeast. Follow RT-14 to Deerfield (a small village with a traffic circle approximately 15-20 miles from Streetsboro.)
- Proceed through Deerfield on RT-14 across the reservoir and watch for Johnson Road (Large farm at this T-intersection with ammonia tanks), 2.3 miles from Deerfield.
- Turn right and follow Johnson Road approximately 6 miles to Sebring. Proceed through traffic light and across railroad crossing. Turn left onto California Avenue immediately after crossing tracks. Unifrax is the last factory on the street.
From: Pittsburgh Airport
- Exit the Pittsburgh Airport to RT-60 North. Stay on RT-60 North to last exit before toll road. This is the Chippewa Exit RT-51. Take RT-51 (left), continue through Chippewa, (RT-51 will change to RT-14 at the Ohio State Line), continue on RT-14 through Columbiana, Washingtonville and Salem.
- At the west side of Salem (traffic light at fork in highway) continue straight past the Dairy Queen. At the next traffic light, you will intersect with RT-62 West. Continue straight toward Alliance. You will go through Damascus and Westville (traffic light). Approximately 1-2 miles past traffic light, you will see a T-intersection to the right (large arrow with Sebring name and Trojan head).
- Turn right toward Sebring and proceed into the village. California Avenue is directly before the railroad crossing. Turn left and we are the first factory on your left.
For more information on our locations, contact us and a representative will answer any questions you may have.